Basic Hypnosis and Neuro-Linguistic-Programming (NLP) for Therapists/Acupuncturists/Healers
Come be part of an innovative community of integrative professionals
And earn 6 CEUs (BBS)
We meet regularly to discuss innovative techniques to help our clients (and ourselves) lead extraordinary lives. These meetings are also be a place to recharge as healers and connect with supportive colleagues for mutual connection and inspiration. We will address all levels of the client – mind, body and spirit. This seminar will include specialized training in hypnotic trance work for:
- Any wellness professional who wants to learn a powerful tool to activate healing in their clients and is easily used in conjunction with other healing modalities.
In this Basic Hypnosis and NLP class, you’ll learn:
- Introduction to Hypnosis and NLP: What is Hypnosis, What is Neuro-Linguistic Programming, What is a Trance State, Myths & Misconceptions, The Conscious, Subconscious & Unconscious Mind, Applications in Clinical Settings.
- Inducing and Monitoring Trance States: Conditions to Arouse a Hypnotic Trance State, Physical Characteristics of Trance, Levels of Trance, Styles of Inductions, Permissive Language, Guiding a Client into Trance, Deepening Techniques, Bringing a Client Out of Trance, Suggestibility.
- Language of Hypnosis: Speaking the Language of Hypnosis, Guidelines for Effective Suggestions, Post Hypnotic Suggestions.
- Self-Hypnosis: Steps for Self-Hypnosis, Guidelines for Effective Suggestions, Hypnotic Language Examples.
- How to Incorporate Hypnosis with Other Healing Modalities: Using Hypnotic Suggestions in Conjunction with Acupressure/Bodywork, Acupuncture, or Energy Psychology Work to Amplify Results.
Plus, when you learn to go into a hypnotic trance state, you activate your own innate healing abilities. So, you’ll leave the class feeling revitalized and refreshed!
Date & Details
San Diego – September 29th, 2012, Saturday 10 – 5 pm
Office of Barbara Cox PhD, 3928 Georgia St. San Diego, CA 92103. During the day, there is plenty of street parking. However, allow a few extra minutes for parking.
Fee: Special $99 (6 CEUs) per person for sign-ups prior to Sept. 27th – after that price is $125.
Barbara Cox, PhD is a psychologist, life coach and certified spiritual counselor. She received a BA from the University of California at San Diego (UCSD) and an MA and PhD from Alliant International University/California School of Professional Psychology. She’s been featured in diverse media – from Psychosomatic Medicine to Cosmopolitan Magazine. She primarily combines Ericksonian hypnosis, NLP, energy psychology, and Qi Qong in her work with clients. See her website at www.DrBarbaraCox.com.
(Please put your name and license number in the ‘Notes’ box, so that we may have your CEU certificate ready to give you at the completion of the course.)
Send a check to 3928 Georgia St. San Diego, CA 92103. Note number of participants, course date, and each participant’s name and license number, so that we may have your CEU certificate ready to give you at the completion of the course.
Call 858-531-5310 with any questions.
Continuing Education Credit
Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists
Barbara Cox, PhD is an approved provider of continuing education (PCE 5033) for the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) for California LMFT, LCSWs, LEPs, and LPCCs. Course meets the qualifications for 6 hours of continuing education credit as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Licensed social workers in other states should contact their individual state jurisdiction to review the current continuing education requirements for license renewal. Students are also welcome to attend and may receive course credit/hours. Check with your individual institutions.
This educational offering qualifies for 6 continuing education hours as required by many national, state and local licensing boards and professional organizations. Save your course outline and certificate of completion and contact your board or organization for specific filing requirements.
The APA refuses to approve anything that is related to ‘energy psychology’. Therefore, since the seminar discusses hypnotic techniques combined with a discussion of meridian points, it would not be approved by the California Board of Psychology. Some other state psychology boards may issue credit for BBS approved courses. Check with your individual state board.
Confirmations & Cancellations
Confirmations of registration are sent via email within three days of receipt in our office. Add email@example.com to your email address book to ensure delivery. Cancellations received at least 5 business days before the event are refundable less a $5 administrative charge per registrant or you can ask for a credit towards future courses. There is no refund for cancellations received later; however, a credit will be issued towards future courses.
Self Study /MP3s
In the near future, we will have recordings available to complete self-study at home. Check back with us for details.